Tuesday 25 November 2014

Nutty for Nutmeg


So I think its safe to say Winter is here! I took my puppy, Teddy out this morning as it was my turn to do the breakfast run and I swear my whole body nearly seized up! As we know with Winter comes Flu season and my Son, Kavan was hit with a terrible cold and now one of those horrible post cold rattling coughs.

Armed with everything from a bowl of hot steaming water, vapour rub, lavender rub, tissues, oh and a large jar of honey I've been trying to help him out for days now so like any concerned but resourceful (if I do say so myself) parent I took to the web!

I just adore Pinterest, I must admit I am guilty of Pinning recipes and ideas that I forget exist but regardless I was on a mission to see if there was a remedy out there that I didn't know about. Success!
I found a lovely recipe for Nutmeg Milk, not a popular sore throat drink I know but I read somewhere that Nutmeg helps you sleep. Honestly I have never used or bought Nutmeg in my life so I was pleased to see Asda had it reasonably priced. The kitchen smelt amazing very warm and Christmassy (Now I get the Nutmeg, Christmas connection!)

Im not going to fool you into thinking that as soon as the bottle touched my sons lips he fell into a deep slumber, I wish! However he certainly fell asleep a lot quicker than he usually does, the real test will be if it magically makes him sleep through the night, if he does I think I will bottle this liquid and sell it at playgroup!

The recipe is below..... Enjoy!

2 cups of milk ( any kind but I used Almond)

Pinch of Ground Ginger

Pinch of Ground Cloves

1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon of Nutmeg

Warm the milk and just whisk in the ingredients!

Strain if required.

No comments:

Post a Comment